Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I just said WHAT?!

I woke up this morning in a foul, foul mood. Avrora woke up a lot last night (as she had the night before). I'd had maybe four hours of sleep. I snapped at Lyuda and need to seriously apologize. I was still feeling like a troll after I helped them get out the door and to the car so Lyuda could get Avrora to daycare and herself to class. I got in the jeep and realized that I needed gas, but didn't have time to run up to Costco (where the gas is often 15 cents/gallon cheaper). I stopped at the corner gas station to get a few gallons so that my jeep wouldn't run out of gas before I was able to make the run.

I started up pumping and a local news camera crew came from nowhere. The camera got pinted in my face, at whatever I was doing, and the reporter, in his 'hi, I'm a nice guy and you need to TRUUUUUUUUUUUST me' tone asked if I would like to comment on President Bush's State of the Union address wrt to the gas commentary Shrub made. I made the following comment (or something close akin, forgive me, no caffiene in the blood this morning, I dare not risk it with this mood!):

I'm sorry, but I didn't get to see it [Shrubbish's State of the Union address] last night because I was helping my wife with her homework. I need to get online and read it. I prefer not to make innane commentary on something I don't know anything about unlike some people."

That last part I said as I gave the reporter a nasty glare. He looked like I had shoved something sharp and oversized into places not meant to be intruded upon. He made some comment like 'uh, okay' and wandered off to find someone else to harass.

I'm at work now and still feeling like a man eating troll hopped up on speed. I need to go find a happy place to chill out. I really hope that doesn't make it on TV...sheesh.

Note to reporters though: keep yourselves back away, far away! from the troll in the morning.

No comments: