Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Nat Geo's Extraterrestrial



The computer lab makes me gag. So does their treatment of computer models. Precipitation in the models is being misrepresented as well. I'm tempted to tack on the bad science label here because of it.

It's also not as original as I had thought it was going to be. I realize that they only have a limited amount of time but the simplicity of the ecosystems is irritating as well. This was a problem on virtually any faux documentary about past or alien ecosystems, actually.


2 comments:

theguyfromsaturn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
theguyfromsaturn said...

Would you be so kind as to describe the content of the video? National Geographic does not allow the content to be played outside the the United States, so all I have is your headline, and a big question mark in my head.